UNITES CISCO NETWORKING ACADEMY
UNITe Cisco Networking Academy is a collaborative effort between UNITeS Academy Foundation and Cisco with support from United Nations Information Centre. It is an innovative education program with the purpose to teacher students how to design, build, troubleshoot, and secure computer networks for increased access to career and economic opportunities in communities around the world. The Academy provides online e-learning courses, interactive tools, and hands-on learning activities to help individuals prepare for ICT and networking careers and entrepreneurship in virtually every type of industry.
The UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy program delivers web-based content, on-line assessment, student performance tracking, hands-on labs, instructor training and support, and preparation for industry-standard certifications. The students practice and test their knowledge by configuring and troubleshooting networks using hands-on labs and simulation software; real-world scenarios develop advanced problem-solving techniques.
UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy is a major contributor towards Nigeria’s educational transformation. In actualizing Nigeria’s target in human capacity building and development, our academies have trained over 8, 035 students (54% female) since inception in Federal Unity Colleges.
Mission of UNITeS Cisco Networking Academy
All students will leave school [Federal Unity Colleges] as ‘confident, creative and productive users and creators of new technologies, including information and communication technologies, and understand the impact of those technologies on society.
52 NetAcads in Federal government-owned Secondary schools
15 Girls only NetAcads
Graduated 0ver 8,000 cumulative students since inception(54% female participation)
Intervention & Support over the years
- Provision of training assistance and technical support to ICT department in all the schools for easy implementation of FME ICT curriculum.
- Provide support to data room for examination records.
- Provision of internet to administrative blocks and ICT centers.
- Provision of intercom to facilitate communication between Principals and Staff
- Provide support in kind and cash to college activities like founder’s day, Annual Inter-house sport, Valedictory service etc.